The Fall of the Islamic Beast
One of the prophecies to be fulfilled is the Battle of Armageddon in the Holy Land (Rev. 16). As this author sees, it appears that it will be the Moslem Arab states, marshaled together, with other allies, that will instigate this great battle. World-wide, Islam has more than 1.5 billion adherents in the world today, and close to one billion of those live in the vicinity of the Middle East and North Africa. So the Islamic leaders should have little trouble assembling a 2 million-man army for the Battle of Armageddon, which is only 13% of the total Moslem population. Regarding that final battle, the Prophet Zechariah, speaking for the Lord, said:
2. For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3. Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4. And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which [is] before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
5. And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.
9. And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one. (Zech. 14:2-5, 9.)
Although those days will be the worst this earth has ever known, still the saints are to have patience, for the Lord will fight our battles and destroy the wicked in His own due time. So this is the great event to which the God was referring when He said, “Here is the patience and the faith of the saints,” for “he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword.” (Rev. 13:10.) At that time, the prophecies of Islam’s demise will take place as the Lord appears.
The following are just a few more verses that relate to the extinction of the Islamic Empire as predicted by divine prophecy:
Zechariah 14:12: “And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.”
Revelation 13:10: “He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.”
Revelation 14:9-11: “And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.”
Revelation 16:2: “And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.
Revelation 19:20: “And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.”